Designing your life (Dave Evans, Bill Burnett)
Below are the 5 mindsets the authors introduce to use to design your life. They struck a chord with me, so I put them here to ensure I would read them often.
- Makes everything new, makes you try things.
- Helps you to be one of those people that “knows how to get lucky”.
Bias to action
- Try things.
- Build your way forward.
- Designers try many things, test often, until they find a solution.
- Taking a step back, helps us get unstuck.
- Makes sure we’re working on the right problem.
- Know it’s a process, don’t have to be perfect every time/all the time.
- Helps you let go of a good but not great solution.
- Life is messy, but sometimes great things come out of the mess (sticky note,…)
- It’s a journey, make sure we enjoy ourselves while we’re on the way.
- Ask for help.
- Best ideas often come from others.
- When you reach ut to the world, the world reaches right back.